A deer lives in our backyard.
Technically, she lives in our neighbor's backyard. She eats their garden. She likes me because she knows I won't tell on her.
I've only seen this deer a couple of times, but I think she must have human friends because she isn't very skittish. She gets surprised by loud noises, like my car, but if you stay quiet, she doesn't run away. She goes back to exactly what she was doing...and then starts slowly approaching you.
I saw her in our backyard when I parked around the back of the house this afternoon. I got out to take a couple of pictures on my phone because she was so close.
But then she kept getting closer...
and closer...
Until, literally, we were nose to nose. Like, her nose brushed the tip of my nose.
I stopped taking pictures at this point, because it seemed inappropriate and kind of rude.
Then I got kind of freaked out. Because, you know. Ticks and stuff. So I went inside and washed my hands, just in case.
Still, pretty cool though! How often can a person say they rejected the cuddly advances of a wild animal?
I like it here.
And I hope I don't have a tick.



No comments:
Post a Comment