We finally went for our first motorcycle ride of the summer. It's been too long.
Don't worry Mom, we wear helmets. We just took them off for pictures.
We rode up Hobblecreek Canyon. It was so pretty up there. All the trees and wildflowers reminded me a little bit of Oregon.
I love Colt's motorcycle. When we first met, it was all he rode, and initially I didn't even know he had a truck, too. I remember the first time I saw him in his truck, I thought to myself "A truck and a motorcycle?! He is SO hot." Haha! Which is weird, I'd never thought twice about motorcycles and trucks before I met him. But for some reason, it just struck me as super manly. Still does ;)
Whenever he talks about maybe selling his beautiful blue bike and buying something different, it makes me a little sad. It's the only motorcycle I have ever ridden on. And it has such happy memories!
I remember the first time Colt took me for a ride. We were just buds back then. I hung on to him super tight, partly because I was a little scared, but mostly because it was an excuse to cuddle without being too obvious about it.
I remember the ride we went on in October 2011, right after I'd moved to SLC. I'd spent the weekend in Provo watching General Conference with Colt and his roommates. Afterwards, he offered to take me on a ride on his bike. We rode up to a lake in Provo Canyon. We sat on the dock until it got dark, just talking and half-holding hands.
I love riding on that bike. It is so much fun. I hope he is always able to have a truck and a motorcycle.
On a side note, I always hope he has his guns, too. I know it's kind of a hot button issue right now. But having a gun (or three) in our house makes me feel safe when we go to sleep at night. And I really like when Colton carries when we go downtown or to the movies, like he did last night. He has his permit, and I'm thankful for it.
Columbine happened right before I started sixth grade. I remember being terrified to start school that year. It also took me a long time to feel comfortable in a movie theater after what happened in Aurora last summer. Things like that stick with me. It's nice to have a husband who is able to protect us if something ever happened.
Sorry I always talk about him (I'm not that sorry). He's just awesome, that's all.

No comments:
Post a Comment