Monday, September 9, 2013

Celebrity Crush

I have had a crush on Matt Saracen since I was 19, when a roommate introduced me to the first season of Friday Night Lights. I thought he was so stinkin' cute.

When the show went off of mainstream cable, I kind of forgot my crush for awhile. Until I realized...



Weird, yeah?





















They look oddly alike.
But I think I married someone better (looking) than my celebrity crush.

Colt may not have played football, or secretly watched my dance rehearsals with a heart full of longing
(partly because I never danced, and partly because he's not the "gaze longingly" type).
But he does ride motorcycles, bring me flowers, help me with the dishes, double-check the doors at night when I get paranoid, and a million other things.
 He takes great care of his girl.

Colton also never initiated a completely inappropriate covert affair as a high school sophomore with a Guatemalan maid twice his age...which is good. 
That would have raised some serious concerns.

Plus, I know he would look quite nice in a pair of football pants. 
And that's really all that matters.

No comments: