Sunday, August 10, 2014

Little Sweet Potato: Week 17


 How Far Along? 17 weeks. Baby's Fruit-Size Equivalent? A sweet potato. Weight Gain? Probably a lot, given the amount of Chinese takeout I ate this weekend. I won't be surprised if I give birth to a large piece of sesame chicken. Maternity Clothes? Not so far. How Are You Sleeping? Pretty well, lately. It's starting to get just the slightest bit uncomfortable to lay on my tummy. Best moment this week? Going on a fun bike ride along the river with Colt. I'm not sure how much longer I have until I'm too big to do those kinds of things! Weird pregnancy moment? I've gotten kind of clumsy these days. I bump into door frames and corners. I drop things and spill my drinks. It's not ideal. Any Movement: Nothing I've noticed, although we've seen him moving on the ultrasound. I heard first time mama's usually don't notice movement until a bit later, because early kicks are easily mistaken for stomach flutters or hunger pangs. Anything making you queasy? Not so much. I only feel sick if I go too long without eating. How About Cravings? Nothing specific. Salty things still hit the spot better than sweets. Very strange for this cookie monster. Gender: A little boy! What I'm looking forward to: My mom and sister coming to visit next week, and having the echocardiogram on the 26th to check our little guys' heart. Hopefully everything is ok, but if it isn't, at least we will finally know for sure.

No comments: