Happy 8 weeks little homie! These pictures were actually taken last week, but my phone ran out of storage and my camera stopped working until I put all the pictures onto the computer. Oops! I've become that parent with a million pictures of their kid in the same position with slightly different facial expressions who can't bear to delete even a single one (unless it's blurry). Get it together, girl.
At 8 weeks, Jace is...
Stretching out! Colt had him in the shower the other day, and I commented that Jace's rolls didn't look quite as roly as they did yesterday. Colt agreed, and added that he thought JJ looked a little longer. His clothes fit differently, too. He's still rockin' some serious chub, but he's getting taller and allocating some of that baby fat to the appropriate locations. But we still get comments on how "healthy" he looks. Haha!
Talking up a storm. Well, not so much talking yet, but definitely giving us some very purposeful coos and baby noises. He loves when we look him in the eye and say hi, and he answers right back! We took a trip to my parents house this weekend, and Colt's sister's last weekend, and he isn't shy. He wanted to talk to everyone, and talk to them a lot! He's such a social butterfly.
Still catnapping during the day, although we sometimes get one REALLY long nap in the late morning or early afternoon.
Being such a sweetheart and sleeping well at night (knock on wood). Friday and Saturday night, he slept from about 8:45 pm-4:00 am, then went back to sleep until 7:00-7:30 am. What the?! I mean, I'm not complaining, but now Colt and I are totally spoiled and anything less than that makes us a little bit sad. Fingers crossed he keeps at it! I'm seriously a little scared to write this down, like documenting it will jinx us somehow.
Not really loving books. I know he's only two months old, but my mom says that's when I started loving to read. I can't help but feel a little bit like a failure-but then I remember he doesn't even know he has hands yet, and I feel better.
We sure love this little peanut. It's so fun to see his little personality starting to peek through. Being a mama is hard work, but I can't imagine our little family without him in it. I guess we're keeping him! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment