Jace is now a big, bad six week old, weighing in at 13 lbs 2 oz! We took him into the pediatrician a few days ago, because he was spitting up a lot and seemed quite congested, especially at night. He also had a couple of choking episodes when he was sitting in his bouncer. They were quick, but scary! The doctor said Jace has some reflux, so we're trying a new medication that may or may not help him out. So far, I've seen some improvement in his breathing, which is great.
He has definitely started to keep us up more at night-we aren't sure if it's gas or a growth spurt, but whatever it is, I wish it would go away. Poor little bug screams or cries out in his sleep, which doesn't always wake him up but definitely rouses me from the deepest throes of slumber. Also, here's something weird: I always wake up about two minutes before Jace starts crying. I think he's sleep-trained me; I've been at least half-awake since 4:00 am. Colt got up to help me, but I feel so bad when he does that-he has to get up early for work.
Jace had a few firsts this weekend! He had his first shower (he LOVED it! He isn't the biggest fan of baths because he gets cold, so I think we've found a great alternative), and it was also his first time going to church. During Sunday School, the teacher asked a question and the room became very quiet and reverent as everyone contemplated the nature of God. So of course, Jace chose that exact moment to let out an earth-shattering shart. In front of all his new friends! Sheesh. He played it pretty cool, though. He was all: "Oh man,who was THAT? How embarrassing for THAT person!"
Otherwise, he did really well. He slept all through Sacrament meeting and didn't fuss much when he was awake.
He is starting to smile at us a lot more, and even answer us back with coos and squeals when we talk to him. He is also starting to tolerate his swing and bouncer, yay! That's been nice, because I can put the seat in our room while I get ready, or on the kitchen counter while I cook, and he stays happy for a bit. And I can't tell you how much nicer my days are when I feel like myself. When I'm able to get out, or do something I did before Jace was born, like make dinner or exercise and get ready for the day, it helps me feel like a person and not just a milk machine (yum).
JJ is still loving to be swaddled nice and tight by his daddy, and he really seems to like music-especially country. He calms right down when I turn on my Eric Church playlist on Pandora. I love it. I'm hoping we have a little cowboy!
I also finished my six week round of blood thinners, so no more giving myself shots in the tummy every morning! Woot woot! So glad that's over. I also have my six week post-partum checkup this week, and hopefully I'll get the all-clear to start running and playing again. Fingers crossed!
And now, I think he's waking up from his nap. When do I get one of those?! ;) Love my boys.
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment