Wednesday, April 8, 2015

10 Weeks







Take a look at this dapper gentleman! Right now, JJ...

Is a drool-machine. Seriously, if it's not spit-up, it's slobber. 
Has discovered his hands. He's always liked to suck on his hands, but I think now he's starting to realize those things are attached, and he can control when he puts them in his mouth. It's the simple things, isn't it?
Is a pretty happy guy most of the time, unless he's tired, or not feeling so good. Which is like most people, I think.
Talks to himself before he falls asleep for naps. It's pretty cute. He coos up at the animal pictures on the walls of his bedroom. I think he truly believes that if he's charming enough, they're going to talk back to him at some point.
Unswaddles himself, which is rather impressive but also annoying, because then he won't fall asleep for his afternoon naps. "Who needs 'em?"-Jace Plessman.
Is a big flirt. He smiles and coos at anyone who smiles and coos at him first, and sometimes even with strangers who don't coo at him at all. I'm hoping he'll work his magic on the person working the cash register one of these days, so they'll give us a discount. 
Is so aware and alert. He loves looking at whatever is hanging on the walls, or on the shelves at the grocery store, and at people's faces. He tracks Colt with his eyes and his head as he walks across the room.
Is finally starting to enjoy reading books :) We found some of the simple board books that my mom read to me as a baby, so I've been reading those to JJ and he loves to look at the pictures as I read the story aloud. I think the ones I was reading to him before had a little too much going on-a little overstimulating for such a little guy.
Has slept through the night a few times, but isn't doing so consistently. I think he must really love the Pack'N'Play at Mimi and Papa's house, because that's the where he sleeps the longest. Which means...I must have that Pack'N'Play.
Has great head control, can hold up his head, neck, and chest for almost all of tummy time, and can support his full weight when we stand him on his legs. If the size of his thighs is any indication, we're raising a future soccer star.  Or just an awesome kid with thunder thighs.
Is 15 lbs, 5 oz. Woof.

Time is flying, J-money! Thanks for being such a cute little bug.



No comments: