| "Stop taking pictures of me, Ma!" |
| JJ's favorite toy. Bonus: It doesn't make any noise ;) |
I can't believe it's been almost three and a half months since we brought JJ home. It feels like the time has gone so fast, but also like he's been around all along. At 13 weeks, Jace...
Smacks his lips together, pulling in his bottom lip and everything. Adorable.
Sucks the pointer finger on his right hand. When he falls asleep or is really relaxed, his finger droops and hangs halfway out of his mouth. It looks like he's fish-hooked himself with his own hand.
Has a favorite toy! He loves to play with a little wooden giraffe, given to him by Great-Grandma Carol. When you push down on the giraffe's tail, the head and neck go up. JJ has always liked to watch Colt and I do it, but now he pushes the tail down by himself so he can watch the head and neck extend. He totally understands that when he pushes down on the tail, the head will go up. Such a smartie. He's generally not that interested in toys, but he loves this little giraffe.
Has started to purposefully bat at and grab objects hanging above him. Including my hair.
Is, so it seems, a little shy. Every morning, when I go into his room to get him out of his crib for the day, I carry JJ over to the big mirrors and let him take a peek at himself. He looks in the mirror, smiles this great big gummy smile at himself, then turns away and buries his head in my shoulder. He does this over and over. It's like he looks at himself, loves what he sees, then gets shy and turns away, just to do it all over again. It's my favorite thing-I love seeing his little personality starting to peek through!
Seemed like he was starting to roll over, then sort of lost interest and doesn't try anymore unless we make him. Ha!
Is still close to laughing, but not quite there yet. I can't wait for the big day!
Loves when daddy makes him fly like an airplane.
Loves when daddy makes him fly like an airplane.
Finds it hilarious when people stick their tongue out at him, and when I eat dessert. He also loves the end of "Patty Cake," when we toss it in the oven for Jace and Mommy. He gets all excited after we mark the cake with a J, because he knows what's coming next.
He's been such great company these days. He's my little buddy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment