Monday, March 28, 2016

14 Months






Hello, little boy! Poor kid had a cold when I took these pictures, but he's been pretty tough despite the runny nose and cough that just won't quite go away. You can also see the little red line on his cheek from where he scratched himself several weeks ago. I'm hoping it will fade eventually, but I can't help but worry it's going to scar that perfect little face (that's the crazy talking). And he also needed a haircut ;) Oh well! I wish I could say I look this cute when I'm sick and tired and in need of a fresh new 'do! At 14 months, JJ...

-Is obsessed with Colt's bellybutton. It's weird. And cute. It's weirdly cute? Also, hilarious. -Signed "more" for the first time! Of course, it's because he wanted more of the Milka chocolate bar he was enjoying for dessert, and not more snugs from mama, but it was still pretty awesome.
-Is starting to point at the different pictures in his books, especially if I do it first.
-Peek-a-boo's like a pro-behind corners, in the mirror, and my personal favorite, by placing a hand over one eye while watching his peek-a-boo buddy with the other, then pulling his hand away to reveal both eyes and a huge grin. 
-Loves to ride his little Power Wheels Quad around the apartment all by himself.
-Can throw a pretty hairy tantrum when he doesn't get to do what he wants to do. I guess I have a toddler, now.
-Is enjoying the fine art of testing his boundaries. Jace loves to tease us. He knows he isn't supposed to do certain things, like drop his food on the floor, or pull the DVDs off their shelf. So, for instance, he'll grab a piece of food, dangle it over the side of his tray, and stare at me until I notice what he's up to. As soon as I say, "No, we don't throw our food," he smiles and shoves the food into his mouth. Or, he'll walk over to the DVDs and touch all the cases, looking deviously over his shoulder at Colt or myself the entire time, observing our reactions. He likes to toe the line, this one.
-During Nemo, there is a scene where the fish yell "Darla!" when the crazy little girl comes to see her uncle, The Dentist. Whenever this scene rolls around, Jace shouts along, too. "Dah-ya! Dah-ya!"
-Loves the Merry-Go-Round at the playground. He screamed when I tried to take him off. I predict his favorite ride at Disneyland will be the Teacups.
-Sticks tongue out at me when I stick my tongue out at him.
-Goes into a room and shuts the door behind him, then gets upset and bangs on it when he realizes he's locked himself inside. 
-Likes to put his head on my chest while I sing to him before bed.
-Waves at Daddy, at me, and at himself when I put my phone camera on "selfie" mode.
-Loves to watch the airplanes land at the local airfield.
-Is in a major snuggy phase. He needs some time to wake up after naps, so he just sits on my lap, drinks his milk, and holds my hand while he watches Daniel Tiger or Nemo. I can't get enough. Someone please tell me he'll still love to snuggle like this for at least 20 a few more years?
-Loves the big yard at the new house! I think I'm going to have a very muddy little boy on my hands from here on out.

No comments: