Monday, February 27, 2017

38 Weeks, 2 Days: The Home Stretch


Two pictures today, to make up for the sad lack of belly pictures this go-around ;)

How Far Along? 38 weeks, 2 days. Baby's Size Equivalent? A spaghetti squash! I sometimes feel like a spaghetti squash. Maternity Clothes? Sure thang! They're so comfy. How Are You Sleeping? Some nights are better than others. I've been trying to drink all my water before 5:00 pm to cut down on all the late-night bathroom visits. I'm not sure if that's the best way to go about it, but it's hard to roll the spaghetti squash out of bed these days.  Best moment this week? Well, the week just started...but my sister, new niece, and my mom are coming to visit us this weekend! There may or may not be homemade cinnamon rolls involved, we shall see. Weird pregnancy moment? My belly just feels so heavy lately. It's hard to sit or stand straight up; I kind of have to roll onto my side and push myself up from there. And i've been having some aches and pains I don't remember having the first time around with JJ, like in my right shoulder blade, and other *ahem* places. Any Movement: Oh yes. He's been throwing 'bows since last night! I keep seeing and feeling these sharp little protuberances on the sides of my belly that come and go, and it feels incredibly strange. Anything making you queasy? Naw. How About Cravings? Still loving peanut butter, oatmeal, and lately I'm big into tropical fruits and flavors, like mango and coconut. Although, I'm not sure that's pregnancy related so much as excitement for spring and summer sunshine! What I'm Looking Forward To: Getting to meet this baby! And also being able to eat normal meals and not have to worry about digestive issues. 

When I ran cross-country in high school, racing was never my favorite part. Practices were fine, and I really enjoyed the actual running, but something about the pressure of racing and the thought of having to push myself so hard for so long was kind of stressful. One thing about long-distance running is that you can tell yourself during the race that you're almost done, that you are 2/3's of the way there...but that means there is still a mile to go! Or you can see the finish line from 800 meters away and you feel so close, it's only 800 meters away, you're almost there, you can do it! And yet, at the same time, it's still a whole 800 meters (2 laps around the track) away! So close, and yet so far. It is a total mental game, and not unlike the last few weeks of pregnancy. I'm to the point where my doctor tells me baby could come any day (!) but he could also take his sweet time and wait another three weeks. But the finish line is in site! I'm grateful things have gone well so far, and I want baby to take as long as he needs to be healthy and strong for his big debut. I just need to hang in there for those last 800 meters. ;)

No comments: