Monday, April 10, 2017

Luke's Newborn Photos


















We had originally planned to have Luke’s newborn pictures taken when he was 6 days old, to capitalize on that sleepy newborn phase. Unfortunately, our whole family, along with our photographer’s family, became sick with a stomach bug that week. Obviously,  pictures had to be postponed until everyone was healthy and well, and no longer contagious. So, we had them taken this last Friday instead, one day before Luke turned 3 weeks old. Colt had to work and wasn’t able to be there, which I’m a little sad about, but that’s life, right? Thank goodness, my mother-in-law got into town on Wednesday, so she came with us. I’m so glad she was able to be there, because I’m realizing I tend to get a bit stressed out about family pictures, haha! Terri has now been able to be at the newborn photo-shoots of all 7 of her gran’babies, so she knew exactly what to do. She kept JJ entertained and happy, held a few props, reminded me to take off the hairbands on my wrist, and was great company. Thank you Grammy! You rock. 

 I was hoping Luke would still sleep through the whole affair even though he’s more wakeful these days, and things were looking good; I fed him before we left and he fell asleep on the way over. However, when we arrived, he woke up as soon as I took him out of the car seat…and then he pooped. I fed him to get him back to sleep…then he spit up on me. Haha! No way was he going back to sleep after a diaper change in a brand new place. The first half of the session was spent trying to get him to go back to sleep, which happened eventually, but it took quite awhile! I’m 2 for 2 on birthing very alert little boys.

I really wanted at least one picture of Jace and Luke together, but Jace was feeling very shy and didn’t want to come near the photographer or any of her props. I sort of gave up on the idea and told Tasha that it was ok if we weren’t able to get any brother pictures. However, towards the end of the shoot, Jace randomly got up, came over next to Luke and laid down with his head right next to baby’s face, grabbed his tiny hand, and started cooing over his little brother. It was so sweet! But fleeting-Tasha quickly switched lenses and was able to snap a couple of pictures before JJ decided he was done and ran off to play again. I’m so happy we were able to get at least one picture of my boys together.

And how sweet are those tiny baby toes?!

No comments: