Today, we celebrate four years of you eating everything I make, even if it's not to your liking (soy sauce, anyone?). Four years of corny jokes, cross-country moves, graduations, work, church callings, and Parks and Recreation marathons on Netflix. Four years of early bedtimes and waking up with the sun, you sleeping with the fan on as I pull on wool socks and bury myself under extra blankets, and dinners at 4:00 pm. Four years of you taking out the trash and doing almost all of the laundry, me making your lunch and cleaning the kitchen, of reading good books and learning how to be parents, of fun trips, hard trials, emotional experiences, mundane routines, life-changing milestones, and exciting events. Four years of you and me, babe, and there's nobody I'd rather do life with than you. You are perfect for me, and I'll keep trying to be perfect for you. Four years and two kids later, and I still can't believe how lucky I got.
We celebrated tonight by throwing our family a birthday party, complete with roasted hot dogs on the fire-pit, the Oldies station on Pandora, and chocolate cake with birthday candles. I love being your wife, and I love being our boys' mom. It feels like everything meaningful and substantial in my life began the day I met you. You've given me everything and it's exciting to think we're only just getting started. Happy Anniversary, C.
Also, you still look exactly the same. ;)



No comments:
Post a Comment