Saturday, October 5, 2013

And Then, We Camped In A Yurt

We took a pretty awesome trip last weekend.
I've been wanting to stay in a yurt ever since I read about them on KSL last year. Bonus: They are super cheap to rent. As in, 60 bucks total.
 So, Colt, me, Jon, and Vanesa drove down to Goblin Valley and stayed in one. 
We're quite adventurous when we aren't watching online television.

Goblin Valley a really cool place. In the dinosaur years (i.e. Jurassic Period), it was underwater. A tidal flat, I think is what it's called. And you can tell. 
The rock formations look like they are from a different world. 

The next morning, we hiked Wildhorse Canyon. I've never hiked in a desert before. We were hiking through really narrow, but beautiful, canyon passages. 
At a few points the passage was blocked with water about knee level, so we had to scale the rocks to get past it. 
It was kind of scary.
I felt like I was going to fall off. 
Colt coached me through it, though. One step at a time.
A good man, that one.

The pictures describe it better than I can.







You can see the water line towards the upper part of the rocks. The reddish part all used to be under water.































 







No comments: