I got on Facebook today, and they had an option to look over my major moments from 2013. So I looked.
There they were!
Graduated with my Master's Degree. Got engaged. Got married. Started working as an SLP. All in one year.
Actually, if you want to get technical (you know I do), it was all within six months.
It's interesting, because for about two or three years prior, I felt kind of stuck.
Grad school seemed like it would never get here, and when it did, it seemed like it would last forever.
I knew I'd work as an SLP someday, but it was so far off, it didn't seem like it was a reality.
Getting married sounded great, but it was hard to imagine a relationship getting to that point, because none of them ever had before.
I didn't feel pessimistic, it was just hard to imagine things ever being different.
But, I'm learning, change always comes. And it can happen very quickly.
Some changes are good, some are difficult. Some are unexpected-in fact, I think the only thing we can expect in life is a few curveballs.
But that's the crazy part.
In the blink of an eye, things can happen.
Life can always surprise you,
no matter how old you are, no matter what has or hasn't happened up to that point.
This year, I hit some pretty significant milestones within a few months of each other.
It makes me wonder: what else is left?
Anything. Everything.
That's the best part.

No comments:
Post a Comment