Saturday, December 7, 2013

Lately


I've been meaning to write for a couple of weeks, but nothing ever seemed interesting enough to write about.

I've been working on my "To-Do" list a bit. I've read two and a half books so far, one of them being a re-read of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. This prompted a lot of terrible British accent attempts from Colt in a valiant effort to make fun of me.
I can't be too upset though. He thinks wizards play "Quibbage."
He's such a Muggle.

I also just received a new book called "House Rules" as an early birthday present. I've heard good things and it seems really interesting-it's about a kid with Asperger's who is obsessed with forensic analysis, until he himself is charged with murder. 
It has suspense, a kid on the Spectrum, and it raises awareness about a syndrome that is often misunderstood; what's not to love?
I've already read the first few pages.
I have a habit of reading multiple books at once. 

My mom also offered to buy Colt and I a really nice camera for a combined birthday and Christmas Present! 
 I can't wait to start learning how to use it.
Although...
Photography is kind of hard. 
How hard could it be to take pretty pictures and video, you ask? 
If you are tech-illiterate, like me, pretty hard.
So wish me luck on my new hobby. 

My mom, dad, and grandparents drove up to Utah to spend Thanksgiving Weekend with my sister and I.
We had Thanksgiving with my aunt and all of my cousins and their families. We also exchanged a pair of ripped jeans on Black Friday (throughout which Colt and I CONSISTENTLY scored front row parking stalls all day-which never happens on normal days), saw two movies (The Saratov Approach and The Book Thief), and went and saw the beautiful lights at Temple Square.

It's been such a fun few weeks. Only two more weeks and a birthday until Christmas Break!
Will we make it? Stay tuned to find out...


No comments: