Monday, January 27, 2014

Futbol

Here's some news:
Colt and I have joined an indoor soccer team called Threat Level Midnight.
Don't worry, I haven't played soccer since I was in 7th grade on a rec league team.
Don't worry, I am significantly out of shape.
It's bad.
Apparently my tiny stationary bike is not as effective as I'd hoped.
 
I scored a goal in our first game! I cheered for myself. 
End career highlights.
Other then that, I fall down a lot, run hard at the beginning and get tired quickly, lose the ball often, and occasionally do something cool that surprises myself and everyone around me.
 
Injury Report: 
Colton
 Strained quad
Tweaked ankle 
Sam
 Black and blue toenail
Half of calf bruised in the shape of the United States of America.
I'll post a picture. It was magnificent.

This was taken before it reached it's peak size and color
 
But seriously, it's the most fun.
Even though it's so low key, I still get pre-game jitters, and feel like a complete bad-a when I put on my shin guards and pull up my soccer socks.
 
I LOVE it.
 
In fact, I have pre-game jitters right now, and it's only 3:00. Our game doesn't start until 8:15.
We lost our last game (our first loss of the season), and I was really bothered. We could have beat that team.
I forgot how much it sucks to lose. 
 
Wish us luck tonight.
I don't know if my heart can take another loss.
I want a championship shirt
and bragging rights.
 
 


1 comment:

Terri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.