Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Little Mango Baby: 20 Weeks



How Far Along? 20 weeks on Sunday! Five months and counting. Baby's Fruit-Size Equivalent? A mango! I wish I had a Mango Madness flavored Snapple right now. Maternity Clothes? I've worn a couple of maternity shirts, but they are still a little big. Comfy, though! I can still wear my old clothes, but they don't look as good as they used to ;) How Are You Sleeping? Pretty well! But I have some very vivid dreams, and wake up every five minutes to pee. I don't love it. Best moment this week? Having my mom and sister in town. They are completely spoiling me and the babe. Also, we had our 20 week ultrasound, and we got to see our little monkey! Limbs were examined, junk was identified (DEFINITELY a boy). From the front, his little face looks possessed. However, his profile continues to be adorable. We prefer the profile shots. Even better, he appears to be perfectly healthy. Weird pregnancy moment? Just how much I've changed in the last couple of weeks. I wasn't really showing much at all, but then a little gut just kind of appeared this week. I haven't popped completely, but there is definitely a bump. And I get sharp little pains around my abdomen, as the ligaments start to stretch. It's weird and sometimes uncomfortable.  Any Movement: Yes! It's like bubbles inside my belly. I can't wait for Colt to be able to feel it on the outside. Anything making you queasy? Luckily, no! Hopefully the nausea is gone for good. How About Cravings? Scotchy scotch scotch, down into my belly. Just kidding! Toast and jam.  What I'm Looking Forward To: Having the echocardiogram in September. Apparently there was a miscommunication when they told us they would do it at the ultrasound this week. Sheesh. So, we will have a detailed scan of the baby's heart in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to have that behind us.

No comments: