1. Cinnamon rolls.
They don't do cinnamon rolls over here. They strictly consume "sticky buns." Sticky buns are basically a cinnamon roll without the frosting, which defeats the whole purpose, in my opinion. My poor, in-utero son has yet to enjoy the transcendent experience of eating a soft, fluffy cinnamon roll. When we pass through Utah on our way back west, you can bet we will be stopping at Shirley's for a cinnamon roll (in regular, orange, raspberry, and blueberry flavors, obviously).
For the baby, you guys. For the baby.
2. Fast food restaurants with an indoor (or outdoor) play place for kids.
I thought it would be fun to take my little babysitting charge out for lunch at a fast food restaurant and let her play for awhile on the indoor play structure. I called several places (including McDonald's, which goes to show just how desperate I was getting) before finally finding a play place at a Chick Fil A about a half hour away from us. That's the only one I've seen out here.
3. Tim's Jalapeno Potato Chips/Maui Onion Flavored Potato Chips.
None. Not a single bag to be found out here. But they do love their pretzels. I have never seen so many varieties of bagged pretzels in one aisle.
4. 7-Eleven.
Ok, there is one 7-Eleven about ten minutes away from our apartment. But that's the only one I have seen out here on the east coast. In Utah, there is literally a 7-Eleven on every other corner. The 7-Eleven equivalent here would be Dunkin Donuts. You can't turn around without running into a Dunkin. But guess what? Dunkin Donuts does not have free Hazelnut creamers to put in your hot chocolate. Nor do they have Slurpees, or cheese danishes. So...
5. Families with more then three kids.
You almost never see families with more than two kids out here. Occasionally, you will see parents or a nanny with three children, but it's always one of two scenarios: a) there is an older child and a set of twins, or b) the family is clearly LDS or Catholic. I have yet to see a family outside of an LDS church building with more than three kids.
6. Entenmann's Classic Glazed Donuts.
They do not exist here. What is this place?!
6. Entenmann's Classic Glazed Donuts.
They do not exist here. What is this place?!
Yeah, most of these are food related. I'm pregnant, ok?
No comments:
Post a Comment