What with our second cross-country move in four months, starting a new job, finding an apartment, visiting family, and waiting a week for all of our belongings to get here, there hasn't been a lot of time to blog.
Updates:
- We made it to Washington, found an apartment the first day, and have been waiting a week for the movers to deliver the rest of our belongings. I'm getting excited to unpack and get settled in our new home.
- Baby boy has been kicking a ton. As in, 24/7. I don't think he ever sleeps. He makes my entire stomach and anything resting on it jump and twitch. I'm excited for him to get here, but if his current activity level is any indication, it looks like nobody will be getting much sleep around here for awhile.
- A celebrity couple gave their baby girl one of the (completely masculine) names we liked for our son, and I am now very irritated with famous people and their name-hogging tendencies. There are plenty of perfectly good girl names out there. They are starting to force us parents of boys to name our sons after nouns and verbs that have some sort of masculine connotation, like Archer and Thorn. It's really getting ridiculous.
- We spent Conference Weekend at my parent's house. It's so great to be within driving distance!
- I forgot how much I love and miss the Northwest. It's beautiful here, and it smells like autumn. Yum.
Colt's mom emailed me these pictures of him from a few years ago. I never was one to think trucks and motorcycles were especially sexy...until I met Colton. I remember the first time I saw him driving his big pickup truck out of the apartment complex. Or catching a glimpse of him as he was working on his beautiful blue motorcycle...
Swoon.
I mean...seriously. What a stud.
Sometimes I don't know how I was able to snag this one.
I like to think it was my charming wit and sassy repartee. But if we're being honest, I think my behind may have had a slightly more significant role than I'm willing to give it credit for.
I mean, he is a truck-drivin', gun-shootin' dirtbike-ridin' manly man, after all. And I ran a lot of miles back then.



2 comments:
Post a Comment