Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I Am Thankful For:


 My Savior and the Atonement. I can't adequately express how grateful I am for the changes and the miracles in my life that have been made possible through Christ. Because of Him, I do not have to live life afraid. I know we are being looked after, and I am so thankful.
Colton. I hope I can raise our son to be half the man his daddy is. I'll have to ask Terri for tips :) I don't know how I made it 23 years without him in my life, but I'm so glad I have him for the rest of my years and beyond. He is my best friend, my partner-in-crime, and my sweetheart. I love you, babe.
Our little boy. I can't believe we are only 7 and a half weeks away from meeting him and snuggling his little face. I'm so grateful and excited to be starting our own little family.
Our families. Not only do I have the best parents and sisters, and the most wonderful in-laws, we also have such loving, thoughtful extended family. I'm stoked that we live so much closer to relatives on both sides this year. 
My health. That's me at 32 weeks! Thus far, my pregnancy has been healthy and the pregnancy symptoms have been relatively tame. I know that many pregnant women really struggle throughout their pregnancies, and there are so many complications that can occur...I'm just thankful to be doing ok. Our bodies are pretty miraculous.
The holiday season. Oh my gosh, I love this time of year. It makes my heart so happy. We put up our tree at the beginning of November and it wasn't even my idea! Colt just knew I would like it, and I do. Don't worry, we held off decorating it until this week...so that makes it better, right? I'm so happy we are having a little January babe. It's like getting an extra three weeks of Christmas with the best present at the end.

Sorry that some of the pictures are kind of grainy. And poorly lit. And involve me holding a cell phone in front of my face at a funny angle in a somewhat messy bedroom. But, hey,  my life is sometimes grainy and messy and rarely involves perfect lighting, so it's a pretty fair representation, I think. It's still a very good life.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! 

P.S. Things I Find Thoroughly Unimpressive:
 Michael Bublé
 People making all kinds of food with brussel sprouts on Instagram.
The idea of me giving birth without an epidural.


No comments: