Baby, It's Cold Outside: 34½ Weeks
How Far Along? 34 and a half weeks. Only five weeks left (hopefully)! Baby's Size Equivalent? A pineapple. Mmm...pineapple is yummy. Maternity Clothes? Same old story. Some of my regular clothes still fit, some don't. I tried to put on the shirt I wore for our engagement photos, and that was a little bit hilarious. How Are You Sleeping? I'm doing ok. My belly has gotten heavy enough that it pulls on my ligaments when I lay on my side, so Colt bought me a fluffy pillow to support it when I go to sleep. It's sort of sad when your belly requires it's own pillow. Pretty soon it will need it's own apartment. Best moment this week? We were able to go to an Infant Basics class offered through our hospital. I learned how to swaddle! Colt is better at it, though. Swaddling is too much like oragami for me to be especially adept. And, if you want to get real honest, the other best moment was when someone shoved a menu for a local Chinese restaurant through the slit in our front door advertising a "buy one entree, get one free" special. Oh, sesame chicken. It's been too long. Weird pregnancy moment? I think I'm a little more emotional than usual. Colt made me a sandwich for lunch in the morning before he left for work, and when I found it in the fridge, I almost cried. Also, I keep finding mysterious little spots and stains on the bellies of my shirts. I don't know how they get there, and I only notice them after the fact, when I go to put the shirt on again a few days later. Waaaah! Any Movement: Yes, but he's gotten bigger, so movements happen a little less often, and they feel more like nudges and waves than sharp jabs and somersaults. He's running out of room in there! Anything making you queasy? No, but small amounts of food continue to fill me up super quickly. Thanksgiving dinner was a crisis. How About Cravings? Biscuits with peanut butter and honey have become delicious unto me. And raw veggies with sour cream ranch dip. That's pretty much the only way I will eat vegetables these days. What I'm Looking Forward To: Our doctor is going to do an ultrasound next week to see how big baby is measuring. I hope he can tell us if little man has any hair!
No comments:
Post a Comment