Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sweet Week

Tuesday was my birthday. Colt leaves very early for work, so I woke up to ^ that  awesome, self-esteem boosting message, a funny card and very sweet letter, a clean kitchen, and 20 bucks to take myself to a fancy lunch (since we couldn't hang out during the day). I went into work, then came home to beautiful flowers and a big hug from Colt before going in to have my hair all did. I'm dark blonde now! It's a fun change-and low maintenance, for when baby gets here. Then Colt and I went to dinner, and we came home and opened presents and watched a movie. Colt also made me a kick-a birthday dessert...which we have eaten pretty much every day this week. YUM. Thanks so much, babe! You made my birthday so great.
 Sorry if you find this picture creepy (it's ok, I sometimes secretly found other people's ultrasounds quite unsettling), but honestly, if you had seen the front view of his face a few months ago, you would agree that he is looking pretty adorable these days! The day after my birthday, we had our 35 week ultrasound to see how big the baby is and make sure all is well in there. We will be in Oregon for Christmas, and my doctor just wanted to take a peek and make sure we were good to go! It was so cool to see how big our little peanut has become-he currently weights 5 lbs 7 oz, and is on track to be about 7.5 lbs if he comes on time. According to the doctor, baby is in the correct position for delivery, or, as he put it, "ready for take-off." That was good to hear. We could also see that our little guy has hair! A little bit of peach fuzz, just like his daddy had when he was a baby, as well as his mama's EXTRA chubby cheeks. That big white bulge is his chipmunk cheek; looks like he's been enjoying all the hot chocolate I've been drinking ;)
I love Christmas lights. Tonight, Colt and I drove over to the Fir Grove neighborhood to check out the festivities. Not every house was decorated (but tons were!), and they weren't all professionally done or anything, but I think that makes it more fun. It reminds me of when I was a kid and we'd just cruise around the neighborhood and count how many decorated homes we saw. This particular neighborhood has been putting on a light display for over 25 years, and we were pretty impressed. I love starting our own family traditions.

No comments: