This little peanut turned 9 weeks old on Monday! The days are long but the weeks are fast. He changes so much so quickly! At 9 weeks, Jace...
Weighs 14 lbs 14 oz, landing himself in the 93rd percentile for weight. Such a chubby bunny.
Lifts his head and chest during tummy time like a 4 month old.
Smiles at Colt and I when we come in to get him from a nap, and also when we are trying to get him to go to sleep. I read that smiling and and making eye contact with a sleepy infant gives them a little adrenaline rush and makes it harder to sleep, so I try to avoid smiling back-but it's too hard. He just looks completely delighted to see us and I don't want to hurt his feelings!
Laughs in his sleep.
Was sleeping really well and only waking once at night...but has since decided that sleep is for the weak. We're back to 2-3 night wakings now, although one of those wake-ups is at 6-6:30 a.m. and not exactly in the middle of the night.
Wears 3-6 month clothes.
Has a full head of hair. However, the top is still short and really blonde, so it's hard to see. He's got some reverse ombre going on.
Inconsistently imitates us when we wave to him by opening and closing his fingers.
Loves face-to-face interaction. He isn't super interested in his toys or books yet, although he does like to look at the pictures in his book of colors, and at pictures or paintings on the walls.
Loves his dad. Colt is the one who has figured out all the good tricks for getting JJ to fall asleep and the ways he likes to be held. What's not to love?
Hams it up for the camera. He's his Grammy's boy.
Had his 2 month shots this week. Three injections and a supplement taken orally. He screamed for a minute, then got right back in the saddle and handled it like the bossman we know and love. He slept through the night afterwards (I, of course, woke up about every hour and a half. Why does this happen to me?).
Had his 2 month shots this week. Three injections and a supplement taken orally. He screamed for a minute, then got right back in the saddle and handled it like the bossman we know and love. He slept through the night afterwards (I, of course, woke up about every hour and a half. Why does this happen to me?).
I haven't been great about documenting each week, and he changes so fast. He definitely keeps me on my toes! I'm loving all the smiles and conversation. He's so much fun these days.










No comments:
Post a Comment