| Don't mind me as I zip an infant under my jacket |
| Haha! Trying to get a picture of JJ with the tulips while he was strapped to my chest. Don't mind his slobbers. |
Yesterday, we drove about 45 minutes north to the Roozengaarde, an annual tulip festival that was started by a Dutch couple some time ago. It was a little windy and chilly, but it's supposed to rain the rest of the week, so we took advantage of the sunshine. Jace and I had watery eyes and runny noses the whole time, but I'm glad we went, because it was so beautiful. Tulips are my favorite flower, and they were everywhere.
Colt said these gardens and fields are about a hundredth the size of those in Holland. He also told me the waffles and frites at Bruge's (a small Dutch-owned restaurant in Salt Lake which sells the yummiest dessert waffles I've ever eaten) aren't as tasty as the ones they sell on the streets in the Netherlands.
So I guess he'll just have to take me there soon. Waffles and tulips all-around! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment