How many events can you cram into one weekend? Many, it turns out. My baby sister, Amy, got married on Saturday, Sunday was Father's Day, and today is Colt and mine's two year anniversary! So many fun celebrations, so little time.
We drove down to West Linn for Amy and Jefferson's wedding. We arrived late Thursday night, had brunch with Amy's new in-laws Friday morning, and spent Friday afternoon running wedding errands with my family. In the evening, the ladies were treated to mani/pedis, and the boys all stayed home and grilled up some steaks. After we got our nails all did up, Chelsey, me, and a few of Amy's friends took the bride-to-be out to dinner, followed by a trip to Salt and Straw for some delicious ice cream. Seriously. So delicious. This ice cream was so good, in fact, that I tricked my parents and Colton into taking me there again a day and a half later. No regrets.
Saturday morning, we went with Amy to get her hair done, then went home to do her makeup and get ourselves ready to attend the sealing at the Oregon LDS Temple. Afterwards, as we waited for the bride and groom to come out, Colt and I decided to take advantage of the fact that we were fancied up and color-coordinated, and asked our cousin to snap a few family pictures. Those are really the only pictures of that day that we have on our camera. When my sister sends me the photos she took, I'll post more of the actual wedding. The reception was held in my Aunt Kari's backyard, and it was so pretty-like a quaint little garden tea-party. Amy looked absolutely beautiful, Jefferson looked especially dapper, and they both looked very happy. Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Chandler!
On Sunday, we celebrated Father's Day. Chelsey and I made breakfast for the guys, little gifts were given, and the U.S. Open was viewed (not by me). My dad wanted to take Jace to church alone (what the?!), so my mom rebelliously suggested the rest of us stay home, rent a movie off On-Demand, and take a nap. Check, check, and check. When my dad and JJ came home, we decided to visit Grandpa Dee and take him some flowers from Amy's reception. We all missed him on Saturday (and every day), but I think he was there with us. Colt and I drove back home late Sunday night and basically fell right to sleep.
When I woke up this morning, I could hear Jace chattering away. I thought that he might fall back asleep since he sounded so content, but after ten minutes or so, I decided to grab him out of his crib. He wasn't there! He was out in the living room on his play mat, happy as a clam, talking to the toy lion dangling above his head. I could hear water running in the bathroom, and Colt's computer was open on the kitchen table. My first thought was "Why is Colt still here? Did someone call in a bomb threat to Boeing?!" Ha! Turns out, Colt had requested the day off a long time ago, to surprise me on our anniversary! That sneaky sneak. He took Jace and I to lunch, went shopping with us, and grilled us some steaks for dinner. Honestly, these days, just being in the same place for a few hours feels like a date. It was so great to have him home and to have one more day to enjoy together. That man is just a little treasure.
Before I head out, I need to do a little Jace update. He changes so quickly, I need to write it all down before I forget.
Actually, nevermind. I'll do it later. I'm so tired.
Peace!
No comments:
Post a Comment