Monday, June 15, 2015

Update in Photographs


a. 

b.

c.

d.

e.
f.



a. We've been trying to get out each weekend we're in town and go for a hike. Washington has a lot of beautiful parks and trails, and the weather has been great. This last weekend we went to Twin Falls. It was a short hike, because a rock-slide washed out the last part of the trail leading into the waterfall. But the trail was gorgeous and Jace loves to be outside.  We ended with a picnic by the river and had an awesome time.
b. JJ and his buddy Henry :) These two studs are just three weeks apart. Henry belongs to our friends Rusty and Jennica, with whom we share parallel lives. Both Rusty and Colt are from Colorado, went to BYU and graduated from the same major, now work for Boeing, and are avid motorcycle riders. And Jenn and I were due within a month of each other, both with our first, both with little boys. And we both work in the schools-Jenn as a teacher and myself as an SLP. Additionally, Rusty and Colton were dressed alike when we got together this Saturday (it was an accident, and they were appropriately ashamed). It's meant to be!
c. Jace has figured out how to use his feet to collapse his play mat when we lay him on it. He wraps himself up like a delicious burrito, and I receive free entertainment watching those fat little legs and arms kick around as he fruitlessly attempts to break free from his self-imposed cage. I'm a good mommy.
d. He sits up now! He does great, as long as he leans forward with his hands on the ground for support...eventually, however, he gets over-ambitious and tries to be all "Look Ma, no hands!" Then he falls backwards and bonks his head.
e. I just like his face.
f. Easy like a Sunday morning, indeed! Jace has started waking up around 6:30 am, all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Back when I was ambitious and determined, I used to go in and do the whole "soothe, then leave and see if he will put himself back to sleep, repeat" routine. I have since become too tired to fight that battle (a glimpse into my future as a parent, perhaps?) and have started to bring him to our bed for a little morning snuggle. Sometimes he falls back asleep if he has some company. Especially if that company is super-rad Dad.

No comments: