Sunday, July 26, 2015

6 Months




Six months old already? Half a year! I know I say this every time, but he's seriously growing up so fast. At six months, Jace...

-Gasps with joy. When he really wants something, or is playing with a toy he just loves, he inhales sharply and audibly, like an adult might do if they saw something frightening. 
-Loves to watch Nemo...and only Nemo. We tried a showing him The Incredibles and a Baby Einstein video on our road trip to McCall, but he wasn't at all interested.
-Says /w, p, b, g/ consonants. /b/ is his favorite, and we have also heard him use /d/ a couple of times. He babbles more often than he coos or squeals.
-Loves to play ball, and watch it too. He also likes to listen to my music, and smiles when I turn on songs he recognizes.
-Is starting to show some early signs of stranger-danger. When he's upset, only Colt or I can calm him down.
-Gets a major kick out of watching videos of himself. Even babies have narcissistic tendencies #babyselfie 
-Sits up like a champ. He reaches for toys and objects while sitting, and puts his hands down to catch himself when he wobbles.
-Has started eating some solids.  I usually present the spoon, and he grabs it and puts it in his mouth by himself. He loves greek yogurt with mashed peaches, although he doesn't enjoy them as much separately. Avocado, watermelon, and green smoothie are a few other favorites. He likes applesauce when it's warm but not when it's cold. Actually, he doesn't really like anything cold. Rice cereal has not been well-received. 
-Is starting to move a little on his belly, and tries to get his knees underneath him. We'll have a mover sometime soon!
-Hugs and snuggles into our necks like a baby koala bear-then pinches the softest skin he can find, or pulls my hair. So painful.
-Loves the exersaucer. Thanks Auntie Alisha and Uncle Matt for the loan!
-Enjoys naps on his giraffe mat or in the swing in the living room.
-Laughs more frequently, but usually when we aren't trying to make him giggle. He can sniff out when we're trying too hard, and he's not really one to throw us a bone. There's been a few times I've made a complete a-word out of myself trying to get him to laugh, and he just looks at me like: "Yeah, we both know what you are, and it sure isn't funny." No pity-laughs here.
-Loves swimming in the pool, and really liked his first boat ride. Me-thinks we've got a little water-baby!
-New favorite toys include his dump truck, and a set of stackable colored wooden rings.


I'm sure people who read through this think I'm a little bit crazy and a lot a bit boring. But I'm a new parent, and even these seemingly trivial things are brand new for Jace. He's never done them before, and it's so fun to watch him change. It makes me sad to think that I will forget quite a bit, so I try to record as much as I can. Seriously, I have a list on my phone and everything. Thanks for being patient with my "new mom-ness."

This kid. He's just the cat's pajamas. 






No comments: