Birthday Highlights:
-Jace didn't sleep super well the night before, so I was up pretty early. However, Colt was up even earlier, sprinkling the apartment with a few different cards and notes for me to find later. Bless him.
-Jace and I went on a lunch date to Panera.
-Colt surprised me and came home at noon! Half-day for the win! Bonus: he brought me a bouquet of festive red tulips, which caused me to kiss his two-lips.
-We took Jace to the play area at the mall (his favorite spot these days), and while we were there, he stood up without holding on to anything for over 10 seconds. First time (and only time since) that he's pulled out that fancy little number! It was pretty awesome. Happy Birthday to Mama!
-Birthday snugs until 3, at which point I excused myself and went and got a manicure.
-We consumed a scrumptious birthday dinner of white chicken chili and cornbread (per my request).
-Colt built me a cozy fire in in our fire place, and JJ tried to touch it. Alas, he was unsuccessful. Our fireplace screen was delivered in the nick of time.
-We ate the delicious Oreo ice cream dessert that Colt has made me for all but one of the birthdays we've spent together.
-Colt bought me a pair of much coveted moccasins as an early birthday present, and I wore them all day long. They are perfect and I love them. I'm so stealthy when I wear my moccs; nobody hears me coming. I think I might make Colt call me Tiger Lily every time I put them on.
-Colt bought me a pair of much coveted moccasins as an early birthday present, and I wore them all day long. They are perfect and I love them. I'm so stealthy when I wear my moccs; nobody hears me coming. I think I might make Colt call me Tiger Lily every time I put them on.
See? I was thoroughly spoiled. Major props to my main men for making me feel so special. I love you!
I honestly cannot believe I'm 28. The years are starting to pass by way too fast, especially this last one. I feel like time sped up after I found out I was pregnant (way back when I was just a young, naive 26 year old). My wedding day, graduation...it feels like a few months ago, but it's been two and a half years! Before you know it, I'll be 30, which is vaguely depressing. Good thing I've got the best buddy and the cutest babe to help me forget how old I'm getting. And also, new moccasins. Beautiful, beautiful moccasins.
I honestly cannot believe I'm 28. The years are starting to pass by way too fast, especially this last one. I feel like time sped up after I found out I was pregnant (way back when I was just a young, naive 26 year old). My wedding day, graduation...it feels like a few months ago, but it's been two and a half years! Before you know it, I'll be 30, which is vaguely depressing. Good thing I've got the best buddy and the cutest babe to help me forget how old I'm getting. And also, new moccasins. Beautiful, beautiful moccasins.

No comments:
Post a Comment