My parents came up for conference weekend, and we were able to do a few fun things while they were here. On Friday afternoon, Colt came home from work early to meet with someone about hooking up our generator to the propane tank. We took advantage of his half-day and spent the afternoon adventuring around our favorite pumpkin patch. Jace has been so excited to go. We've been watching a lot of "Curious George's Halloween Boo," and I always point out the pumpkins at the grocery store and let him touch the ones they place outside. As soon as the pumpkin field came into view, he ran over and started climbing all over the pumpkins. He loved the big hay slides, and had fun looking at all the farm equipment and animals in the petting zoo. He claimed a tiny white pumpkin as his own, and is currently snuggling with it upstairs as he naps.
I made my first-ever batch of cinnamon rolls for conference breakfast, and I must say, they turned out pretty darn tasty. I'm already dreaming about the leftovers tomorrow...
I made my first-ever batch of cinnamon rolls for conference breakfast, and I must say, they turned out pretty darn tasty. I'm already dreaming about the leftovers tomorrow...
Storytime: At the patch, my mom was trying to make Jace laugh by making a big show out of lifting the heavy pumpkins. She would grunt and groan as she picked up a large pumpkin, and he would giggle and try to help. Well, the next day at home, anytime he touched a pumpkin, from the normal-sized ones to the tiniest mini-pumpkin, he produced the most unearthly grunting sound I have ever heard in my life. I seriously bust up laughing every single time. We can hear it in the kitchen when he's outside in the front yard, and I can only imagine the rest of the neighborhood is wondering why I don't address my toddler's obvious digestive issues.
No comments:
Post a Comment