Friday, November 11, 2016

23 Weeks

Colt lines up JJ's trucks on the windowsill everynight after we put him down for bed. Jace loves waking up to his conveyor belt of vehicles, and he spends a lot of time driving them up and down the length of the window.
The day of Halloween. He spent all day in his Tigger onesie, and loved every minute.

How Far Along? 23 weeks tomorrow! Baby's Size Equivalent? An ear of corn. Feel free to tell me your "corniest" jokes! I'm all "ears." ;) Maternity Clothes? Honestly, I'm in leggings most days. I've worn one or two of my maternity shirts, and my maternity jeans a couple of times because they're super cute, but I have the luxury of getting to lounge around in stretchy pants and my sister's old college basketball sweatshirts most days. Jace doesn't care. How Are You Sleeping? I'm alright! Daylight Savings has been harder on me in terms of sleep than pregnancy has so far. Luckily, I'm still able to sleep on my tummy, although I don't think that will last much longer. Best moment this week? It hasn't happened yet, but I'm going to get my hair done tonight. Hopefully it's still the best moment of the week after I see how it turns out. Weird pregnancy moment? Just my belly getting a bit sore by the end of the day. I also think I'm a bit more irritable than I am typically (at least I hope, otherwise I'm just turning into a cranky old mom). And I do have to be careful about how much and how fast I eat these days, otherwise I get super full and uncomfortable very quickly. The indigestion has returned, and it started much earlier this time around than it did with Jace. Any Movement: Yes! He's a mover and a shaker. I'm so happy I can finally feel him kicking. Everyone says that you should be able to feel the baby kicking earlier with your second, but because of the position he is in, it took a lot longer to be able to definitively identify when it was the baby kicking. Anything making you queasy? Not anymore, thank heavens. Morning sickness was a lot worse this time around than it was with Jace (which is part of why we thought we were having a girl), but it finally subsided at 14 weeks (just in time for our Disneyland trip, whew!). How About Cravings? There's nothing I can think of that I absolutely must have, or that I need to eat it every single day...but peanut butter has sounded good, and so has my Grandma's macaroni salad...and cheesy potatoes. Mmmm. Good thing Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Dessert-wise, I definitely love my chocolate more than usual these days. What I'm Looking Forward To: Our trip to Denver next week to celebrate Thanksgiving with Colt's parents, sisters, and their families. Jace loves his cousins, and it will be so fun to be surrounded by the whole crew for the holidays! I love this time of year.

No comments: