Thursday, December 8, 2016

(Almost) 27 Weeks: I'm Itchy!



How Far Along? 27 weeks in a day and a half. I'll start my third trimester the day after my birthday :) Baby's Size Equivalent? A butternut squash/boule de pain/a bowling pin/a "slow loris." My pregnancy app is weird. It's also strange to think I have a bowling pin living in my torso. Maternity Clothes? It's a mixed bag! I love my maternity jeans, so I wear them sometimes. But leggings are still my trouser-of-choice, and a few of my trusty pairs of regular jeans. But who knows for how long? Time will tell. How Are You Sleeping? Pretty well, although there have been a couple of times I've woken up because my back or belly does not appreciate the position I finagled myself into. My belly needs it's own pillow again. Jace has had a couple of night wakings this week, and yesterday he woke up at 4:00 am, chipper and alert as could be. I'm not sure if he's growing, or teething, or plotting his hostile takeover of planet earth, but he's been slightly more of a hinderance when it comes to sleep than his baby brother this week. Best moment this week? It snowed! And it's been so cold lately that there is a perma-frost on the grass, trees, and rooftops that looks almost like snow. I love it! Weird pregnancy moment? When we went to Denver, my mother-in-law asked me if my belly was itchy. I answered honestly that, no, I hadn't experienced that particular joy of pregnancy thus far. Literally the very  next day, my belly, back, and sides started to itch uncontrollably. I thought it was just my skin reacting to the dry Colorado climate, but it's persisted since we arrived back home two weeks ago. No amount of bio-oil or lotion has managed to completely get rid of it. Pregnancy is a strange game, my friends. Any Movement: Oh, yeah. Lots. Anything making you queasy? No. Keeping my fingers crossed that the nausea ship has sailed. How About Cravings? I am loving oatmeal e'rry morning...but I've always loved my oatmeal. What I'm Looking Forward To: My birthday next week! And Christmas! And a break from work, and family time, and driving around to look at Christmas lights, and going to see Collateral Beauty (I hope it's good; don't let me down, Will Smith!) and going to Salt and Straw, and using the new perfume Colt bought me but that I don't get until my birthday day...and snuggling this sweet and beautiful boy once March rolls around. 


No comments: