Monday, September 18, 2017

4th of July








I really let blogging get away from me! I'll keep these entries short and sweet, but I wanted to make sure I recorded our summer adventures, even if it isn't as detailed as it could have been if I had managed to write more regularly. Both our boys have grown and changed so much over the last couple of months, it's crazy! Jace is talking more than ever, and Luke is almost crawling...he's got a big brother to chase, after all.

Our 4th of July was really low-key. We went to a barbecue at our neighbor's house in the afternoon/early evening. When we came home, we lit sparklers and threw poppers in our driveway. I think by next year, the boys (or at least JJ) will be able to stay up late enough to see the show, which will be so much fun. But this year, we decided we'd rather have sweet little boys than cranky bears the next morning.

Around 11:30 pm, one of our neighbors decided to start setting off HUGE fireworks, the kind that sound like a bomb and rattle the windows. It woke Colt and I out of a dead sleep, haha! Scared me to death. Ah, well. 'Tis the 4th!

Also, I recently discovered that my phone makes these awesome little memory movies out of the pictures and videos on my device! I love them. And I think they  will come in handy for quick recaps here on the blog!

No comments: